Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Final Thoughts of "Technology in the Classroom"

How has your opinion changed (or why has it stayed the same) over the past 11 weeks regarding Technology Integration?
This is the first class of my masters program, and I have to say that I hadn't given much thought about technology in the classroom. My vision of teaching elementary students stems from my days in K-6. Let's just say that is has been more than 20 years since I was in elementary school and much has changed; computers for students and teachers, new technology including whiteboards, new subjects, new expectations, etc.

When I walked into the classroom, I don't think I expected to be exposed to really anything that I don't encounter in my every day life. It would be an understatement to say that I was very wrong. In this class, I have been exposed to tools, concepts and was of approaching lessons that I have never considered.

 My paradigm has definitely been changed. I would have said that my role as a teacher was to help my students master the material in the lesson and inspire them to love to learn. Now, I realize that it is not about what my students learn, but the means in which they learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment